Re: [PARPORT] lp driver using Parallel Port FIFO mode for 2.1.132

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 10:23:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, Keiichi Sakai wrote:

> But I think there are no way to stop sending the data by the hardware
> or change the mode to TEST FIFO mode without data loss according to the data sheet.
> I think the same problem exist in patch-2.2.0-pre5-1284.

Yes, the same problem exists there too (are you talking about the comment
that says "Prevent further data transfer"?). The MS ECP document says
that asserting STROBE should do the trick, but I haven't tried it. I
haven't seen a data sheet that talks about this.