[PARPORT] Reading UDF CDs with HP7200e

Paul Murray (murray-paul@usa.net)
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:34:07

I have a HP7200e and following the instructions in the FAQ have successfully set PARIDE up so that I can read normal data CDs through /dev/pcd0.

I would like to be able to also read UDF CDs, but the current UDF patches build a UDF filesystem which you then use via
    mount -t udf /dev/whatever /mnt/cdr
This does not work for the generic parallel port device /dev/pg0 as mount expects a block device not a character device.

Does anyone know of a way to use /dev/pg0 to read UDF CDs?

-Paul Murray