[PARPORT] patch-2.2.2-tmw7

Tim Waugh (tim@cyberelk.demon.co.uk)
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:07:53 +0000 (GMT)

Hi guys,

Here's another parport update.

<URL:ftp://ftp.torque.net/pub/parport/patch-2.2.2-tmw7.gz>
<URL:http://www.cyberelk.demon.co.uk/parport/patch-2.2.2-tmw7.gz>

I've marked the ones I haven't mentioned before (since tmw4) as new.
Others not marked as new that you haven't seen before have been there all
along, but forgotten until now. ;-)

Since recursive semaphores (spit!) have been abolished, I've reinstated
the semaphore code.

I think I've also got to the bottom of mux support. I think it's
basically there now, apart from some bits of code that need to be written.
That can wait until the hardware turns up..

There seems to be some problem with the PCI card support. Bob Rinker is
reporting hangs when booting. It _looks_ like it's something to do with
tgafb and printks, but it only ever happens with the SIIG card plugged in.

Changes between 2.2.2 and 2.2.2-tmw7:

 o Semaphores no longer considered harmful (me). [NEW]
 o Port cloning fixes: port->physport (me). [NEW]
 o Memory leak fix (me). [NEW]
 o printks when cloning ports (me). [NEW]
 o Don't be so noisy when not debugging (me). [NEW]
 o Tell the user where we think ECR is (me). [NEW]
 o Fixed a bug in the PCI card support. [NEW]
 o parport_find_class, parport_find_device (me).
 o drivers/misc/Config.in (me).
 o Documentation updates (me).
 o Atari lowlevel driver (Andreas).
 o parport_pc FIFO support (me).
 o parport_pc DMA support (Bert).
 o parport_pc detection re-work (Carlos, me).
 o __init stuff (me).
 o lp hacked to its bare bones (mostly Andrea).
 o IRQ stuff (Phil, Joerg, Andrea).
 o IEEE1284 transfer modes.
 o IEEE1284.3 daisy-chaining (absorbs parport_probe).
 o Amiga lowlevel driver (Joerg).
 o MFC3 lowlevel driver (Joerg).
 o Implicit parport_release on unregister (Thomas).
 o Support for some PCI parallel port cards.
 o Blocking read from printer device.
 o Loading parport modules with invalid parameters now fails (me).
 o lp searches by number, not name (me).
 o lp checks for registration failure (me).