[PARPORT] Kernel crashed!

Me Again (mark@wheely.demon.co.uk)
Thu, 13 May 1999 00:17:05 +0100

Hi,

Not too experienced at this lark but I had an Iomega 100 Zip drive and a
printer attached to my box running 2.0.35 quite happily, I just swapped cables
around and (un)loaded modules when needed.

Installed SuSE 6.1 as I was advised I could use passthrough to the printer on
2.2.x kernels.

On 2.2.5, 2.2.6, 2.2.7 & 2.2.8 I can crash the kernel at will by attaching the
printer to the back of my zip drive and loading parport/parport_pc/ppa.

I've tried all as modules, all in the kernel (includind lp) I've loaded ppa
first, I've loaded lp first but I get pretty much the same problem.

If I remove the printer from the back of the zip drive and just swap cables
around and unload ppa and load lp as required, everything is fine.

Not knowing the procedure for reporting this kind of thing I thought a little
note here might be OK.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum but perhaps someone could advise.

Regards

Mark