[PARPORT] H45 QuickCD HELP!

anthony ferrini (tonyferrini@hotmail.com)
Mon, 02 Aug 1999 12:15:05 PDT

I have used Red Hat for the past 6 months...it's great.
But I'm new to installing it!

I need help with my parallel port H45 technologies QuickCD. I have the
Linux-Mandrake (RedHat) 6.0...but I can't install it until I get this darn
CD-ROM recognized. I'm not using Windows. I am just running DOS right now.
  When I go to install Linux, I get as far as the "where do you want to
install Linux from" message. I pick CD-ROM and then it asks SCSI or local
CD-ROM. I spent a whole day trying different ones, trying to do the expert
mode thing, I just can't figure out how to tell Linux where my CD-ROM is!

It's in 378, IRQ 7.

Is there a command line to use or something?

Many thanks to anyone that can help!

-Tony Ferrini