[PARPORT] Backpack CDrom

Cloghesy, Charles (CloghesyC@Bantrel.com)
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 13:29:57 -0600

Hello all,

I have been using my BP CDrom with my ancient AST 486 Laptop for quite some
time now. I have RedHat 5.1 currently installed on the laptop. This week
I tried to upgrade to RH 6.0. When I get to the install section that for
selecting the CDrom unit, I pick Backpack, and I get an error message
stating that it "Cannot find device anywhere"

I can still mount and read from the CDrom in Linux now with RH5.1 but why
when I try to upgrade to the drivers fail to find my device? Although I
never had to input any other device info ("optional parameters"), do I now
need to input a parameter?

Thanks in advance,

Charles