[PARPORT] scsi drive and ppa

Stephen Pusey (scp@plexus.org)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 15:14:02 -0400

My first posting here. Setting up Slackware 4.0 on an old 486DX 66mhz with
a 500mb scsi hardrive. Installed Slackware previously on a similar machine
with an ide hardrive and no problems running an external iomega 100 zipdrive.

Not so this time. I've installed set (A) so I have the basic Linux OS
running. Now I want to install the rest from the zipdrive which
unfortunately is not recognized by the system. I presume this is because
the scsi drive is seen as sda and the os wants to run the zipdrive on sda4 ?
I've tried loading ppa before parport and lp0 but still get from dmesg
"ppa: parport reports no devices". Zipdrive is connected correctly to a
parallel/serial port controller - and worked fine when the system had
windoze (which it no longer has).

Be grateful for any suggestions.

SP

here is some of the readout of dmesg: