Re: [PARPORT] ECR setting problem solved, sort of.

Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:00:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Eugene Weiss wrote:

> It is odd. I looked through the code to see if I could find anything
> that might do this: I noticed that the irq_probe_ECP routine writes a
> value of 0 to the ecr, and doesn't put it back when it's done. (unlike
> the irq probes for EPP and SPP) I don't really understand when this
> routine is called, however, so I don't know if it's a possibility.

It isn't, really. Things like that are what the patch I posted yesterday
was supposed to 'fix' -- but after we're done finding out the port's
capabilities we write 0x34 to ECR, setting it back to PS/2 mode. So
unless that write isn't doing what it's supposed to..

> > Are you using hardware assistance (CONFIG_PARPORT_FIFO)? Try disabling
> > that and see what happens.
>
> Not deliberately, at any rate. Where does this setting reside?

In 2.3.x kernels; sorry, I didn't remember that you were using 2.2.