Re: [PARPORT] ppscsi Vs hp 3200c

From: Bert Timmerman (ljh4timm@xs4all.nl)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 14:58:56 EDT

    Hi,

    I bought this scanner recently and installed it under Win98, so far so
    good.

    I downloaded the HP Scanner Control Language pakket as an affiliate
    development member (for free at www.hp-developer-solutions.com you only
    have to register) and I'm currently bussy with reading and analyzing the
    header and c-program files for the driver to port to linux.

    It is further handy to look at the sane site(www.mostang.com/sane/) for
    linux drivers to find one which looks like an easy adaptable one for the
    HP3200c and modify this one to suite our needs.

    Currently no linux drivers yet, and if available I think it will be
    straight forward paride epat or similar (to my limited knowledge).

    Greetings,

    Bert.

    By the way: please keep me informed of new developments in this field.