[PARPORT] PATCH: parport_device_id support, "version 2.1"

From: Adam J. Richter (adam@yggdrasil.com)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 21:18:36 EST

    Tim Waugh wrote:
    >> If this is acceptable to you, I can make a new patch against
    >> 2.4.1-pre8 if that would help.

    >Change the names to 'deviceid' instead of 'autoprobe', and change the
    >sysctl numbers too, and I'll be a _lot_ happier.

            OK.

            Grepping for the regular expression '/proc/[A-Za-z0-9/]*parport'
    in the 443 components of our build tree only turned up two files outside
    of the kernel itself, and they were documentation.

            However, your propsed change is harmless, and the "deviceid" name
    is more precise than "autoprobe" (everything in a computer is automatic,
    and it is common to probe for things other than an ID). So, I am happy
    to make this change and adjust the parportmodules program accordingly.

            Here is the proposed patch against linux-2.4.1-pre8.
    I will release an updated version of the user level parportmodules
    once these changes have been accepted by Linus. Are you going to
    take it from here, or is there something more you'd like me to do?

    --
    Adam J. Richter     __     ______________   4880 Stevens Creek Blvd, Suite 104
    adam@yggdrasil.com     \ /                  San Jose, California 95129-1034