Re: [PARPORT] Problems reading ECR.

From: Tim Waugh (twaugh@redhat.com)
Date: Fri May 25 2001 - 11:40:16 EDT

    On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 04:44:00PM +0200, Ronnie Arosa wrote:

    > When I load the module for io=0x278 (onboard parallel port) and
    > irq=auto, everything seems to be OK. The module is able to read ECR
    > register. When I load the module for io=0x378 (ioport where my PCI card
    > is at, in Windows the card is recognized at this ioport)

    This doesn't mean that the card lives there when Linux is running, and
    in fact it looks like it isn't.

    PCI resources are assigned to the PCI card by the operating system at
    boot time (or at card insertion, I guess, on PCI hotswap systems).

    > If I do not specify any parameter to the module, the module's loading
    > makes the computer to freeze down.

    I thought you were going to ask Oxford Semi for more information about
    their chips?