[PARPORT] ppSCSI, RedHat 7.2, and SyQuest SyJet

From: Jon Miner (cp_n18@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun Mar 17 2002 - 10:27:31 EST

    Hello All-

    I just joined this list today, after spending two days
    to get my SyJet working. After going through the list
    archives, I saw several people who had questions that
    I think I'm in a position to answer (since I have a
    running system).

    First, I'm not a Linux Kernel Guru, (although I have
    been doing UNIX programming for 10+ years)

    Second, thanks to Grant and Tim for their prior work.

    Like many, I was unable to get Grant's and Tim's
    patches to cleanly apply to my RedHat 7.2 2.4.9-31
    source tree. I mannually applied the patches, and
    made some code changes where it appeared that major
    kernel changes had occured. The result is documented
    at:

    http://trainguy.dyn.dhs.org:443/ppSCSI

    Hopefully someone will find this useful, and my notes
    can be moved to one of the existing parallel port
    sites.

    Jon

    =====
    Jon Miner