[PARPORT] Reading the state of the input in pareller port programing.

From: int01h (int01h@sentinel.mj12.eu.org)
Date: Sat Nov 02 2002 - 11:32:13 EST

    Hello everyone.
    I have a small problem. Im a C programmer under linux, week ago i have
    started to play wth paraller port programming because im building my own
    robot controlled by CPU. I'v learned how to send data to DATAOUT pins on LPT
    but still i cant understand how to read for example incoming data on LPT.
    For example im connecting to the Bit 2 INIT on the BASEADRESS+2 some
    harwdare that when turned on by battery should give a signal to this input
    on LPT. How can i check if it really gave me the ON/OFF signal, reading data
    from INPUT pin on LPT?
    Please help me..
    Thank you for any of your help.
    ________________________________

    Pawel Stochlinski (int01h)
    http://sentinel.mj12.eu.org

    Linux registered user: #246375
    -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)

    owGbwMvMwCS46Lmlj0renf2MawSTuPSKM9PzEktKi1JtmS894uqwZ2ZlALFgigSZ
    1BoZ5gfNr/iXLPy+r3f/lXk7Zdqar1ebVDAsuOU9S+e8yUeby+tYdr/1PL2nliF+
    CgA=
    =lIWg
    -----END PGP MESSAGE-----