[PARPORT] Question about supported chipsets

From: Chris Shaw (chriss@watertech.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 18:49:55 EST

    I was wondering if the parport code supported the
    ITE IT8705F SuperIO, I have a GigaByte board that uses this chip and I
    cannot get the paralell port to send/receive any data. Everything looks fine
    when the parport_pc driver loads, it detects IO/IRQ/DMA and correctly tells
    me the mode, but when I do:

    # cat /dev/lp0 (After loading lp.o of course :) )

    I get:

    lp0: Input/Output Error

    Any help would be greatly appreciated

    Chris Shaw