Re: [PARPORT] Parport as a serial port?

From: Jeff Silverman (jeffs@commercialventvac.com)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 00:07:35 EST

    Juan Pablo Martinez Sanchez wrote:

    >Hi all, i'm new to this mailing list, i have a doubt about the use of the
    >parallel port. Before to put the doubt i explain briefly my application:
    >i'm making a mobile bot, in the control layer i'm using a laptop connected
    >to a microcontroller. The micro has a uart, so in principle i have to use
    >the serial port in the laptop, but i have a lot of problems to use it, so
    >i would ask to you about a way to use the parallel port as a serial port?.
    >
    >Any suggestions are well received. Thanks,
    >

    >Juan Pablo Martinez.

    >-- with the single word "unsubscribe" in the body of the message. --

    Using a parallel port as a serial port is lunacy.

    Let's talk about your troubles with the serial port. I realize that is a
    little off topic for this list. You should have no problems getting two
    computers to talk to each other using serial.

    Jeff

    --
    Jeff Silverman, Linux Guru wannabe, Java Guru wannabe