Re: [PARPORT] Problems with parallel port

From: Blaise Gassend (blaise@gassend.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 17:22:27 EDT

    Hi Luis,

    As far as I know, on a standard 2.2.x kernel, the only way to do direct
    parallel port access is to have root access (or give a user permissions
    to /dev/ports which is about as big a security hole).

    As a side note, you might want to consider libieee1284 if you want your
    code to be able to be more portable.

    Blaise

    Quoted from Luis LLN on Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 10:50:38PM +0200.