[PARPORT] Re:

From: Nate Jenkins (nate@uniwest.com)
Date: Fri Nov 14 2003 - 20:00:19 EST

    Did you mean to say, "serial port printer" or "parallel port printer"?

    I ask because 'parport', 'lp' and 'ppdev' are used for parallel port
    usage...

    How do you want to tell if it is on or off? Are you writing a program, are
    you wanting to see a message at boot up or do want to hear the printer make
    noises?

    What serial port printer is this?