[PARPORT] Creative Video Blaster WebCam II

From: Cris (Christiane2001@terra.es)
Date: Sat Dec 13 2003 - 08:18:54 EST

    Hello,

    I have a OLD Creative Video Blaster WebCam II (Parallel port) in my Mandrake
    9.1, but It works _slooooooowly_ (about 1 frame every second). I have
    downloaded the lastest cpia drivers from http://webcam.sourceforge.net (the
    "original" mandrake 9.1 drivers was very old!!!!), and I have compiled it and
    I have copied the files cpia.o cpia_pp.o cpia_usb.o in the directory
    /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video.

    In my /etc/modules.conf I have added the lines:
    options cpia_pp partport=0
    options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 dma=3

    Now, the frame rate is better (about 10 fps), but after 1 min. running the
    program doesn't respond. I have used xawtv and camstreams programs with the
    same results.

    In The logs (dmesg) I have _a lot_ of lines like:

    parport0: PE timeout Event 40 (-4) in ecp_read_block_dma

    What is it wrong? Maybe, have I to patch the kernel or the paralell port
    module?

    Thanks,

    Cris,
    Málaga (SPAIN)